volkswagen forum
RegisterSearchFAQ Directory AlbumGarageCars for SaleLog in

vw sharan remote control problems

Reply to topic    Volkswagen Forum Index » Other Volkswagen Models
vw sharan remote control problems
puffinstuff

Post vw sharan remote control problems Reply with quote
can anyone help. Unable to open/lock doors with remote control. Changed battery in remote but no joy even though infra red light coming on. Is it possible ther may be a problem with the "unit" itself and where is this located. Any help would be appreciated.
Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:06 am
Google

Post Sponsored ads

Post Reply with quote
you have to reset remote after chnging batteries the instructions should be in your car manual
Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:27 pm
thugsta

Post Re: vw sharan remote control problems Reply with quote
puffinstuff wrote:
can anyone help. Unable to open/lock doors with remote control. Changed battery in remote but no joy even though infra red light coming on. Is it possible ther may be a problem with the "unit" itself and where is this located. Any help would be appreciated.

The most important bit is the make sure the LED in the door stays on which means it has entered the programming mode and then is waiting for the signal from the key. I hope it works ok.

Insert a key into the drivers door lock and turn the key to the UNLOCK position three times in succession, for at least 0.5 seconds each time, and within a total period of five seconds.

The system should now enter the 'programming mode' and the LED in the door should illuminate continuously for the next fifteen seconds. The first key must be programmed within this period.

Aim the first key to the infrared receiver.

Press one (either) of the buttons on the key and keep it pressed while simultaneously pressing the second button three times. Release both buttons.

The remote control key should acknowledge as successful transmittal by the KEY LED flashing five times. The system should similarly acknowledge by the indicator LED flashing rapidly six times.

NOTE:
Programming of the first key must be completed within 15 seconds from the start of the LED illuminating continuously. The programming of the second or subsequent keys must be completed within 15 seconds from the start of the flashing acknowledgement.

The system will automatically exit the programming mode 15 seconds after the last key has been programmed

If it doesn’t enter programming mode it unfortunately means there is a more involved problem with the system. If you get into programming mode but it doesn’t accept the signal after the key button presses it means there is a problem with either the receiver (very unusual) or more likely the key itself. Good luck hope it works
Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
KevinE

Post Reply with quote
Have you try reseting the remote? that might help you!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:56 am View user's profile Send private message
smithy

Post Reply with quote
any updates on this? I'm having the same problems...
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:29 am
DazJ32

Post Reply with quote
Very Happy I can confirm that this method has just worked for me with a 52 plate 02 Sharan SL 1.9 tdi 115hp, the key was the coventional vw 2 button fob 7m3959753 /5wk4 6011 and not the ford type. Just like to thank thugsta as this took less than 30 seconds to apply, Many thanks. Many thanks to puffinstuff for setting the ball rolling on this topic. one happy chap here Very Happy
Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:17 am View user's profile Send private message
klehel

Post Reply with quote
Worked mine too (seat alhambra 03). Many thans! Smile
Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Google

Post Sponsored ads
hwinfo

Post worked on 52 vw sharan Reply with quote
thanks for your help i even had a vw engineer look at my second keyfob that failed when i changed the batteries and he was unable to help thanks to you i now have both of my original remotes reprogramed and working you have made my day thanks again ron
Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
shahram m

puffinstuff wrote:

Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
scottee

Post Reply with quote
Just to say, this worked for me, 54 plate Sharan on the main key fob

Thanks Thugsta - the alarm was going off every time I opened the door and driving my wife mad.
Tue May 29, 2012 11:51 am View user's profile Send private message
AYDIN 06

thugsta wrote:
puffinstuff wrote:

The most important bit is the make sure the LED in the door stays on which means it has entered the programming mode and then is waiting for the signal from the key. I hope it works ok.

Insert a key into the drivers door lock and turn the key to the UNLOCK position three times in succession, for at least 0.5 seconds each time, and within a total period of five seconds.

The system should now enter the 'programming mode' and the LED in the door should illuminate continuously for the next fifteen seconds. The first key must be programmed within this period.

Aim the first key to the infrared receiver.

Press one (either) of the buttons on the key and keep it pressed while simultaneously pressing the second button three times. Release both buttons.

The remote control key should acknowledge as successful transmittal by the KEY LED flashing five times. The system should similarly acknowledge by the indicator LED flashing rapidly six times.

NOTE:
Programming of the first key must be completed within 15 seconds from the start of the LED illuminating continuously. The programming of the second or subsequent keys must be completed within 15 seconds from the start of the flashing acknowledgement.

The system will automatically exit the programming mode 15 seconds after the last key has been programmed

If it doesn’t enter programming mode it unfortunately means there is a more involved problem with the system. If you get into programming mode but it doesn’t accept the signal after the key button presses it means there is a problem with either the receiver (very unusual) or more likely the key itself. Good luck hope it works
Laughing I just learn how to set remot key vw sharan from valkswagen talk.com thanks a lot, I love it very much. thanks again
Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:29 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger

Reply to topic    Volkswagen Forum Index » Other Volkswagen Models All times are GMT

VolkswagenForum © 2001, 2005

Volkswagen Forum recognizes that "Volkswagen", it's logos and various model names are registered trademarks of Volkswagen of America, Inc.. These terms are used for identification purposes only. VolkswagenTalk.com is not affiliated with Volkswagen of America, Inc., or any other company listed here. Copyright © 2005 Volkswagen Talk - All rights reserved.

Jump to: