volkswagen forum
RegisterSearchFAQ Directory AlbumGarageUsed CarsLog in

P0322 on a 00 Jetta, help

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Volkswagen Forum Index » Volkswagen Tech Tips
P0322 on a 00 Jetta, help
saltydog

Post Reply with quote
The part number for the crank sensor is 06A-906-433-L. The manuals are written in Germen and the translation is poor. The people at the discount part stores can't help much. The parts guy at the dealership is the best.

When you change it, take the oil filter off first. Might as well replace the filter with a new one.
Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Google

Post Sponsored ads
bbability

Post Reply with quote
Would the CKP cause the car not to run properly? I'm having this problem myself at the moment with my wife's 1.6petrol passat. Coil pack was replaced last year. Then it was oxy sensor. Now the problem is P0322 ' Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit No Signal'. If I replace this will it give the car back its power that it is most certainly lacking once the engine is at running temprature??
Fri May 09, 2008 9:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
saltydog

Post Reply with quote
If your engine is stalling at idle this will most likely fix the problem. I never noticed any loss of power.
Wed May 14, 2008 3:52 am View user's profile Send private message
Toolman

Post P0322 Crank shaft speed sensor Reply with quote
Thank you for all the helpful advice on this problem. 30 minutes and a new crankshaft speed sensor is all it took. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:33 am View user's profile Send private message
famous_cyrus

Post hey guys im new here Reply with quote
I have !999.5 Jetta GLS 2.0 L I was searching for my problems over this site and i got lots of people having the same problems and the problems that people post over here about the Crank Sensor problem, so I had the same problem the engine stalled after the car run a while, so I did read the post over here and I did change the Crank sensor and the 4 spark plugs, so the stalled problem is gone but I still having trouble with Another thing the engine is still shaking I dont know why. I did scan the car with the scanner and it still shows me that there is a misfire in the cylinder 4 and the ignition distributor malfunctioning and I dont know what to about any suggestion or help would be appreciated thanks alot...
Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:14 am View user's profile Send private message
johnmike

Post Reply with quote
Need new crankshaft sensor. Does anybody know where I can purchase them at a lower price? I saw some on ebay but im not really sure if the price is right. Thanks.
Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:41 am
sonarcoop

Post Reply with quote
I was having similar issues with my 2000 Jetta. While driving or at idle the car would shut off and an occasional sputter. Each time I would toggle the key off and back on and most of the time that would reset the issue and drive fine. After reading this forum, I replaced the crank sensor. It was an easy change. I took the car for a drive and it was just fine. Took the car for another drive and it did it again 3 to 4 more times. Driving the car to work this morning; it didn’t do it.
I took the car to Monroe and had them run the codes on the car. Here is what they gave me back.

P0102 – Mass or Volume Airflow A circuit low input
P0341 – camshaft position sensor A circuit range/performance B1
P1225, P1226, P1227, P1255, P1228, P1296 – All Manufacturer controlled air and fuel metering
P1421, P1425, P1451, P1472 – Manufacturer controlled auxiliary emissions controls
P1500 – Manufacturer controlled vehicle speed idle control and auxiliary inputs

Does anyone have a clue what the issue may be?
Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Google

Post Sponsored ads
sc8lien

Post THANKS TO YALL I WAS ABLE TO FIX MY CAR Reply with quote
I HAD MY CAR OUT IN THE DRIVEWAY FOR 6 MONTHS BECAUSE MY HUSBAND AND I HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS WRONG WITH IT. THE CAR HAD BEEN TURNING OFF AFTER DRIVING IT FOR 20 MINUTES. AND I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT AN ADDITIONAL 30 MINUTES FOR THE CAR TO START UP AGAIN. WE KNEW IT WAS SOME SORT OF SENSOR. SINCE I HAVE BEEN FINANCIAL UNSTABLE I DID NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO FIX IT. SO YESTERDAY I LOOK UP THE CODES AUTOZONE HAD GIVEN US WHEN IT RAN THE CAR THRU THE COMPUTER. AFTER FINDING THIS FORUM AND READING YOUR GUYS' COMMENTS. I TOOK THE SUGGESTION OF CHANGING THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR. THE PART COST ME ABOUT 83.74 WITH TAXES AND MY HUSBAND DID THE WORK HIMSELF. SO I REALLY JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTS BECAUSE I WAS ABLE TO SAVES MONEY AND GET MY CAR GOING AGAIN.
Sat May 29, 2010 4:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Tim Semeraro

Post Reply with quote
MyRB25 wrote:
BTW it was the Crank (Engine Speed Sensor) Sensor Smile I heard its common in the 2.0 and 1.8s, most people change the icm/coil first

Thanks For the Info.. I'm a Ducati Mechanic, and I do all my Owen work on my 2003 VW Jetta. I just did the timing belt service/water pump/Etc.., at 100,000 miles. 8,000 miles later it started surging and throwing a EPC code. I used my friends Scanner to find that it stored a PO322 code. After reading all of your posts, I picked up a crank sensor at NAPA $98.00 and swapped it in 45 mins on my lunch break. The car runs great! Thanks for saving me a bunch of time and money. I was going to change the coil pack.
Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Em9536

Post Reply with quote
i bought a 06 jetta 2.0t last night and this problem literally started as soon as i got home. the check engine light came on with code po322 which the guys as advanced auto had never seen before. im believing you guys that its a crank position sensor. my only question is whether or not this is the kindve thing that must be taken to a shop/dealer or can you fix it yourself? im pretty capable when it comes to cars but not amazing.
Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
bigtasano

Post 03 Gli vr6 2.8l p0322 Reply with quote
I have an 2003 glI Im having the same problem but Im not really a "VW guy" Im wanting to know if with the 2.8 in this car is it most likely the same problem and if so were would the crank sensor on this model be located.
Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
GeMiller15

Post 2005 2.5l Jetta Starting Problems Reply with quote
I've been having similar problems over the past couple months. My 2005 2.5L Jetta would stall within 1.5 seconds after first start. I would start it again, but it would take a little work and some gas when it turns over. The other day my GF borrowed my car and she said it was sputtering and lack of power. It need gas in the car because it was low, but it did it afterwards. The next day I try to start it and it won't start. There is no starter problem and it has plenty of gas now. It sounds like it wants to turn over, but just doesn't to. I'm afraid of trying to hold the turn over for too long and mess the engine up. Any ideas of what the problem could be?

After spending all day doing research, I feel that it maybe the Crankshafter Position Sensor that is causing this problem. I can have the car towed to a professional, but I want to try and do everything myself.
Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:35 am View user's profile Send private message
GeMiller15

Post Reply with quote
If it is the CPS, how difficult is it to replace with only basic tools and no lift? Also from the top of the engine looking at it, where would the sensor be located at?
Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:40 am View user's profile Send private message
Razster

Post Reply with quote
Bring this back from the Dead:
I replaced my Coil Pack because it had a crack, but now my car will idle for about 15min until the car hits normal running temp then suddenly stall.
I cannot check for error codes as I have no means of getting the car to a shop.

But from what I've read this is a common thing.
I found a cheap CPS
Can anyone see if this is what I need? Because they also have a Speed Engine Sensor too.

Also I have no engine light on, CEL is off.
Thank you in advance!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:07 am View user's profile Send private message
Google

Post Sponsored ads
navydoc58

Post Reply with quote
This forum was very helpful for me. After some research, this is what I found:
A code of P 0322 is an IGNITION/DISTRIBUTOR ENGINE SPEED INPUT CIRCUIT ISSUE that can be fixed by replacing the CRANK/ENGINE SPEED SENSOR VW part #06A906433L
The cost for the part from the dealer is around $225.50
Hope that helps
Doc
Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:06 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Volkswagen Forum Index » Volkswagen Tech Tips All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

VolkswagenForum © 2001, 2005

Volkswagen Forum recognizes that "Volkswagen", it's logos and various model names are registered trademarks of Volkswagen of America, Inc.. These terms are used for identification purposes only. VolkswagenTalk.com is not affiliated with Volkswagen of America, Inc., or any other company listed here. Copyright © 2005 Volkswagen Talk - All rights reserved.

Jump to: