volkswagen forum
RegisterSearchFAQ Directory AlbumGarageUsed CarsLog in

My VW Experience

Reply to topic    Volkswagen Forum Index » General VW Discussion
My VW Experience
mike k

Post My VW Experience Reply with quote
I had recently bought a vw passat and thought i had gotten a good deal, since then have had nothing but problems. Love the car, but apparently it hates me. My first problem was cv joints, had those replaced, picked up my car it had been hit twice in the parking lot, about a week later got a engine light.Took car to dealer and had a coolant sensor changed for a ridiculous amount of money. Shortly after that engine light again, drove to parts store had code read low fuel rail pressure he said likely cause cam follower. got home removed the hpfp cam follower, and rod worn on pump. Took car to dealer to replace cam cam follower and fuel pump and was told the motor was junk that i had to of had an oil light come on too, said no and left battery hooked up even when the tow driver wanted to unhook it to tow it to dealer so they could read codes. then was told the motor was full of metal and even if i had the work done the motor would blow shortly after, got prices on new motor, 6,000 for motor around 2500 to install. way more than car was worth. Told them no way just fix the car and was told he could pull the pan and see if it was worth fixing. I agreed and was very little metal in pan so got go ahead to change cam, so i asked to change timing chain and tensioner while apart didn't want to have anymore problems. Couple weeks go by without a car getting rides and get a call from dealer bad news the head where the cam rides is worn and again told motor is junk at minimum need new head for another ridiculous price. Finally told them to put back together as is. Finally picked up car, the dealer's cost for basically nothing 1800 dollars. Even though my car was there months before getting coolant sensor changed, no one warned me to have cam follower ( A KNOWN TO BE FAULTY PART) checked before all the damage and cost while it could of been saved. Spoke with vw customer care and was told car is beyond coverage age and miles by a few and they didn't have to recall that year even though it has the same parts as the previous recalled years. Finally just bought used hpfp slapped it in car so i would have transportation. Car is back running for a day engine light on push gas and get a bad shutter and no acceleration, get code read coil bad buy one replace it still running bad and light still on. Replace all and finally running better. couple days later yellow steering wheel light.IS THERE NO END IN SIGHT? At wits end and completely broke and have the money pit sitting in my driveway waiting to eat up a couple thousand or so more and vw refuses to stand by their cars. WHAT A FARSE. WILL NEVER OWN ONE AGAIN
Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:21 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Google

Post Sponsored ads

Reply to topic    Volkswagen Forum Index » General VW Discussion All times are GMT

VolkswagenForum © 2001, 2005

Volkswagen Forum recognizes that "Volkswagen", it's logos and various model names are registered trademarks of Volkswagen of America, Inc.. These terms are used for identification purposes only. VolkswagenTalk.com is not affiliated with Volkswagen of America, Inc., or any other company listed here. Copyright 2005 Volkswagen Talk - All rights reserved.

Jump to: