volkswagen forum
RegisterSearchFAQ Directory AlbumGarageUsed Car ClassifiedsLog in

check engine light is the devil.....! code= cooling system

Reply to topic    Volkswagen Forum Index » Volkswagen Jetta
check engine light is the devil.....! code= cooling system
mattaudath

Post check engine light is the devil.....! code= cooling system Reply with quote
my check engine light came on about three weeks ago and the code that it gives me was cooling system. check the coolant and it was full not leaking anywhere. a friend of my told me that it mite be the temperature sender, i change that and the DEVIL is still on. they told me that it mite be the PcV valve and its dry as can be. now i am hearing that i could be the O2 sensor. i am afraid to take it to the dealer and not know what the problem is, cause that mean i'll be coming out with a couple hundred dollars of problem with no real solutions. can someone help a fellow jetta friend in need?
Code:
 :x  :x  :x  :x  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Google

Post Sponsored ads
barryr

Post Reply with quote
what year is it?
Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:03 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
mattaudath

Post check engine light is the devil.....! code= cooling system Reply with quote
I HAVE A 2002 JETTA 1.8T / TRIPTRONIC DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS?
Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:41 am View user's profile Send private message
luishernandez108

Post Reply with quote
try flushing the radiator and add some g 12 coolant.
Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:43 am View user's profile Send private message
volkshaus

1992 Volkswagen Corrado

Post Reply with quote
do you know the code #? Is it P2180 if it is change your T-stat out this will get rid of your coolent fault.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
mattaudath

Post THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, BUT NOW I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM, STILL! Reply with quote
thanks to all of you that responded on my check engine light issue. the problem was with the T.STAT, i changed it out and the light went away. now i have discover a new problem however. my car was running ruff and i have a automatic + trip-tronic engine and sometimes the car feels as if it is shifting when i accelerate. that always bugged me, i use to think that it was the turbo kicking in, but now i am thinking otherwise. while checking my fluids on the car, i notice that i have a small hole in the hose that lead from the INTAKE FILTER TO THE ENGINE. what is the name of that hose and how steep are the price to change it? and could this be why my car was running rough? the other day i was going up a heel and the car stalled on me. and i really had to push the acceleration to get over the heel. that was pretty scary! and also i am about to change my oil (this time on my own) what would be the suggested oil brand that i should use? last time i use MOBIL 100% SYNTHETIC 5w30. i get the oil change every two months 2000 miles. once again thank you people for your help, had it not been for you guys i would of given up on the car that i fell in love with.
Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
volkshaus

1992 Volkswagen Corrado

Post Reply with quote
If it is the hose that comes of th evalve cover then it is a breather pipe ther eis a updated hos plus you may have a second air leak under intake mainafold. it should be throwing codes . if you can get a photo up it would be better.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Google

Post Sponsored ads
Matatan

Post I have code P2181 any ideas i need help Reply with quote
I have code P2181 any ideas i need help I have 04 Jetta GLS 1.8T with 103K just ! week purchased wife and I are in love with it.
Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:12 am View user's profile Send private message
jessicalouize

Post CODE P2181, coolant hasn't helped Reply with quote
just got this baby on saturday. 145K, seller said O2 sensor has been replaced recently (as well as timing belt). coolant was just a LITTLE low, so i JUST added some (worried i over filled--- how much is too much? however i did the mix just perfectly fine, fyi). i drove it for one and a half days before the check engine light came on. took him to autozone and they pulled that code. found the coolant at napa, added it, drove around the block, no change on the check engine light.

if the O2 sensor has been replaced, then what else do I do? No leaks that I can see. Engine stuff all looks good-- in fact I'm worried about keeping up on it as well as previous owner did!

I know jack shit about cars, but really want to keep this baby running smooth as long as possible! help!

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:16 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Volkswagen Forum Index » Volkswagen Jetta All times are GMT

VolkswagenForum © 2001, 2005

Volkswagen Forum recognizes that "Volkswagen", it's logos and various model names are registered trademarks of Volkswagen of America, Inc.. These terms are used for identification purposes only. VolkswagenTalk.com is not affiliated with Volkswagen of America, Inc., or any other company listed here. Copyright 2005 Volkswagen Talk - All rights reserved.

Jump to: