Used Cars Cars Forums

MB Puts on the Brakes

kick99

Reply with quote  PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:38 pm
Post subject:Mercedes Forum - MB Puts on the Brakes

Did you here about the new MB 'option'? --- When you put your foot on the brake and keep it there, the engine shuts off. What? Did I say the engine shuts off??

Yep, at traffic lights, stop signs, (well anyway for those who actually stop at stop signs), icy road conditions when the abs kicks in, and as they say, 'much more'. Release the brake and the engine starts again. Great, that's a relief.

Supposedly this is standard in Europe and will be coming to your favorite MB dealer shortly. Now I don't know about you, but I, as the owner/driver of my car, like to be in control of when my engine is running and when it isn't. I can just envisage a whole bunch of MB's jack-rabbiting down the street trying to sync the brake pedal with the accelerator. And of course, this completely ruins that 'wanna run it' urge when pulling alongside a Bimmer or Audi etc.

Oh well, I guess I'm just not thinking 'green' enough, but if MB does do this, then my next car will really be green --- can you say Prius??

joesharp

Reply with quote  PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:44 pm
Post subject:Mercedes Forum -

are you saying this would come to the states as well? I'll have to ask my mercedes dealership for more i nfo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cars Forum Index -> Mercedes Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: