Used Cars Cars Forums

1999 volvo S70...various electrical problems

lopaka32003@yahoo.com

Reply with quote  PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:18 am
Post subject:Volvo Forum - 1999 volvo S70...various electrical problems

I recently bought a S70 and some warning lights have come on...ETS/ABS/SERVICE ENG./BRAKE/ARROW(flashing)...The other problems i've been having are...speedometer/odometer itermittently go on/off (needle inop. and #'s look like - - - -- )...A/C shutdown... The idle lopes up and down, feels like tranny slipping...but putting in L helps alot...otherwise smooth and powerful acceleration...car has only 78 k and is in exellent cond. has anyone had any problems similar to mine??? I tried to disconnect neg. batt. terminal...helped problem( only few lights on) after a few min. warning lights back on...I am poor and could not afford to send it for ness. repairs at Volvo Hawaii...Could anyone help a nice guy out with some intelligent advice....Mahalo nui loa,Rob
carlover

Reply with quote  PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:04 am
Post subject:Volvo Forum -

You really got a lot of problem with your car...
Mr.SportCombi

Reply with quote  PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:58 am
Post subject:Volvo Forum -

I'm guessing you are talking about a melted fusible link at the starter solenoid?? Maybe more than one melted or you have a bad connection in one that feeds all the areas that are having lights come on. You really need a wiring schematic to make sure. I have see loose fuses in the fuse box cause some problems like this as well. Another thing, as I have experienced on my C70 with warning lights coming on erratically.... Feared of having multiple Volvo C70 parts problem I brought it to my mechanic... he then just watched the dashboard lights. he told me a flashing key symbol indicates an immobilizer problem... So, he got it fixed by pushing the central locking key in the car to enter a code.. Good luck!!!
craftal

Reply with quote  PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:18 pm
Post subject:Volvo Forum - S70 Electrical and AC Problems

I am having multiple problems with my 1999 S70 and I am unsure if they are related. Any ideas? Here are the problems:

- Periodically the ABS lights comes on, at the same time, the odometer goes blank, the spedometer goes to 0 and the traction control ("w" function) engages

- Passenger door does not unlock when "unlock" button on doors or remote are pushed. The door must be opened by the handle.

- Passenger window only functions when controlled by driver door.

- Periodically no lights on dash or gear shift.

- AC works only for a short time when car is first turned on and then blows hot air. Freeon was checked and is fine.

Once in a while the AC continues to work for a longer period of time.

Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cars Forum Index -> Volvo Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: